How To Play Hide n Seek
Our new Hide n Seek mode is out - here's a guide on the mode!
This new mode isn’t your ordinary Hide n Seek (There’s a bit more terrified screaming). If you’re a Crewmate your goal is to complete tasks to run down the timer and survive until the time is up to win! If you’re the Impostor, your goal is to eliminate all the Crewmates!
Crewmates get a limited number of vents (use them wisely) to evade the Impostor. When the Final Hide is activated, the Impostor can find you via the Seeker map and pings which reveal Crewmate locations.
How To Join/Find
- Now that we have two modes, you’ll have to select which you’d like to join: Classic or Hide n Seek with the Game Type option
- You’ll need to select at least one Filter so you can see a list of available lobbies
- There are currently 4 filters
- There are currently 4 filters
- NOTE: Filters applied will be matched EXACTLY. For instance, if you tag it with both “Beginner” and “Casual”, it will only look for people who have created games with the filter “Beginner” AND “Casual”. You will not see games that are only tagged “Beginner” or “Casual”.
Your job here is simple, and similar to how it has always been before: do tasks and survive! Here are some extra points to consider:
- All Crewmates can now vent, with limited uses depending on the amount given in the lobby settings
- Doing tasks makes the timer go down, making the Impostor has less time to find and kill you
- Watch your danger meter in the top left of the screen
- As the Impostor is closer to you the meter fills, turns red, and the louder the music gets, meaning they're super close
- As the Impostor moves away from you the meter falls
- Impostors can no longer use vents! You better run fast to catch those Crewmates.
- [PC only] - You can now click on Crewmates in order to kill them, instead of having to use a keyboard shortcut or the Kill button. Note that the kill distance can be changed in the lobby settings.
Final Hide occurs once the Hide Time is over. In these last few moments where the screen flashes red, the Impostor has to catch the remaining Crewmates... with some help.
- Ping system: Red “pings” that look like circles will appear over Crewmates periodically and indicate where they are directionally to the Impostor. Better run fast or trick the Impostor by hiding after a ping occurs!
- Faster Impostor: Impostors can a big speed boost to help them chase down the remaining Crewmates. Gotta go fast.
- Seek map: Impostors get a new Seek map which discloses the general area the remaining Crewmates are in.
- Your only task now is to survive! All tasks are removed and all you have to do is run, hide, and avoid the Impostor. There are many ways to outwit the Impostor in Final Hide, better think fast.
- Every few seconds you’ll see a red “ping” circle over you which the Impostor can use to find you.
We have a whole host of new settings you can customize to make the game as fun for you and your lobby as possible. Here’s the full explanation of them!
- Map: Change the map!
- # Impostors: There can only be one, have fun.
- Crewmate Vision: Adjust how far the Crewmates can see in the dark.
- Impostor Vision: Adjust how far the Impostors can see in the dark.
- # Common Tasks: Adjust the number of common tasks.
- # Long Tasks: Adjust the number of long tasks.
- # Short Tasks: Adjust the number of short tasks.
- Impostor (Private Lobbies Only): You can pick who the Impostor is via a player’s username or select “Round-robin” and let the game cycle through the players who are it.
- Player Speed: Adjust how fast players are.
- Final Hide Time: Adjust how long Final Hide is.
- Max Vent Uses: Adjust how many times Crewmates can use vents in a single game round.
- Flashlight Mode: If set to “On”, Flashlight Mode will be activated and all players will have to control a cone of vision. If set to “Off”, all players will have radial vision (they will be able to see in a circle around them.)
- Crewmate Flashlight Size: Adjust the width of the Crewmate's vision cone when Flashlight Mode is On.
- Impostor Flashlight Size: Adjust the width of the Impostor's vision cone when Flashlight Mode is On.
- Final Hide Impostor Speed: Adjust how fast the Impostor becomes during Final Hide.
- Final Hide Pings: Adjust whether or not Final Hide Pings occur during Final Hide, which indicates where a Crewmate is to the Impostor.
- Ping Interval: Adjust how frequently the Final Hide Ping occurs during Final Hide.
- Show Names: Show usernames above the heads of players during Hide n Seek. Turning this off can make it more difficult for Impostors to find Crewmates if they are hiding behind certain objects.